Sunday, May 13, 2012

ITALIAN PASTA MEETS INDIAN SPICES!!


ITALIAN PASTA MEETS INDIAN SPICES!!

Sounds weird,right?? 
 Well, this is exactly what happened in my kitchen tonite.

 I had some leftover chicken masala which I had made in the morning and no chapattis left to go with it. 
As always I was too lazy to make chapattis  for myself and so I thought why not add pasta in it and see??

Just boiled some pasta and tossed everything together and my pasta Indian ishstyle was ready!!
The pasta turned out absolutely yum!!

This dish is a hands down winner if you want to introduce pasta to people who love Indian food.

INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
200 grams whole wheat Conchiglie pasta (I used the seashell variety but you can substitute it with any other pasta )
200 grams boneless chicken pieces
3 onions roughly chopped
2 tsp fresh garlic chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
3 green chillies chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
½ cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
Salt
Oil

METHOD:
In a medium sized pan, heat oil, add the chopped onions and garlic.

Sauté till onions turn translucent.

Then add the turmeric, coriander and garam masala powders along with chopped green chillies.
 
Stir the masala well.

Add the tomatoes.

Cook till the mixture starts secreating oil.

Add the chicken pieces and salt.

Cook for 7 mins or till the chicken is  cooked thoroughly.

Add the chopped coriander leaves and stir well.

Add the cooked pasta to the pan.

Toss or stir well.

Done.

TO BOIL THE PASTA:
In a large pot, boil 2 litres of water with 2 tbsp of salt.

When boiling, add the pasta to the water.

Keep stirring the pasta occasionally so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.

Boil the pasta for 10 mins or till the pasta is cooked to al dente(chewy but firm in the center)

Empty the entire pot in a colander.

Rinse the pasta in cold water.

Shake out the excess water.

Drizzle some oil on top so that the pasta should not stick to each other.





4 comments:

  1. Yum! :D
    I love pasta's! And make 'em atleast one's a well! :D
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...