Tuesday, May 22, 2012

HOW TO THAW FROZEN FISH


HOW TO THAW FROZEN FISH

Thawing any kind of meat is definetly hardwork, right from the long wait for the meat to come to room temperature to the unpleasant smell that the meat sometimes emits.

Now, I hate it if my fish smells bad even after all the care taken during thawing.

I have tried everything from keeping the fish in running water to submerging it in a bowl of water or simply tossing it in the refrigerator some hours prior.

But with time I learnt the perfect way to thaw fish.
It tastes better, looks fresh like its come from the ocean and not the freezer.

THINGS YOU’LL NEED :
Frozen fish fillets
Full fat Milk 

INSTRUCTIONS:
Take the fish fillets out of the freezer.

If the fish is packed in a plastic bag, then hold the bag under running tap water till the fish comes lose and can slide easily from the plastic bag.

Rinse the fish fillets in tap water.

Pat dry the fish with a kitchen towel.
 
In a shallow dish, place the fillets and pour milk till the fish is submerged.

Cover and keep in refrigerator till the fish thaws completely.

When thawed, remove and pat dry the fillets.
Do not rinse.

Discard the milk, as it is not suitable for use.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for this tip! I usually try thawing my meet by either running hot water over it for several mins, or putting it in the microwave and setting the temp to defrost. This sounds like an even better method though, so I will have to try it out. Thanks again, and as always I love your mouth watering site :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so lovely hearing from you again..oh sweety, never pour hot water on raw meat it tends to emit a foul smell. Nevertheless, i am glad i could help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother suggested I might like this website.
    He was totally right. This post truly made my day.
    You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
    my web site - Best Brand name Laptop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. I doubt if anyone would want to consume that fishy flavoured milk! Hi I am one of the best private detectives in Mumbai. Yeah one of those rare female breeds in the Indian private investigation scene! That's a slightly expensive thawing proposition but a handy and useful tip nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if we mixed with milk then it will taste as good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up with my mom always defrosting fish in milk. And your right, the fish always looks nice, has a wonderful flavor and nice texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Blog.Love this blog.
    http://www.cookri.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi..
    i appreciate the ideas and this is very nice article and have great information. Thanks for share,

    Click here:  Frozen Fish

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got too much interesting stuff on your blog. I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work. frozen yogurt greenwich

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...