Tuesday, April 3, 2012

BLACK VIRGIN MOJITO


BLACK VIRGIN MOJITO

I think I invented this drink when I was as little as a 10 year old.
I was bored of drinking my daily can of coke one day and so I squeezed in some lemon juice, threw in some torn leaves of mint.
Shake shake and tadaaaa!! Black virgin mojito was created.
Back then I had no idea what mojito was,let alone trying to pronounce the word correctly!
This is my best quick easy fix for summers.

P.S: Always use fresh ingredients.It makes a ton of a difference.



INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
 
200 ml cola / thumbs up
1 lemon,cut into wedges
15 leaves of fresh mint,torn
2 tsp brown sugar / honey or to taste
2 tsp lemon juice
Crushed ice
Highball glasses
A muddler


METHOD:
Divide mint leaves and lemon wedges into each highball glasses equally. 

Use a muddler to crush the mint and lemon together.

Add a tsp each of sugar and lemon juice to both the glasses.

Muddle or stir everthing well.

Add crushed ice and top with your favourite cola.

Garnish with mint leaves and a slice of lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...