Monday, January 30, 2012

INDIAN FISH CURRY


INDIAN FISH CURRY


 Whenever I have some fresh coconut at home,I know I got to make fish curry.Making fish curry is so quick and easy,it does not take much time at all and plus lucky me I got a fish market at walking distance from my home which gives me the best fresh produce.




INGREDIENTS-
250 grams boneless fish pieces
½ cup fresh grated coconut
3 dry red chillies
8 black pepper corns
1 ½ onion
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp fresh ginger garlic paste
½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tomato
½ tsp tamarind
Pinch of sugar
3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Salt
Coconut Oil
Water for gravy

METHOD-
Marinate the cleaned fish pieces in salt,turmeric,cumin powder,coriander powder,ginger garlic paste and red chilli powder for atleast 30 mins.

Meanwhile,In a blender add the coconut,dry red chillies,peppercorns and ½ onion roughly chopped.
Blend till a smooth paste.

In a pan,heat coconut oil and add 1 finely chopped onion.Saute till it turns a little golden brown.

Then,add the finely chopped tomato and the blended paste.

Sauté till oil seperates from the mix.

Then,add tamarind paste,salt,sugar and water for gravy.
Simmer and then finally add the marinated fish.

Cover and cook for another 10 mins.

Then,add the fresh chopped coriander.

The curry will be thick in consistency.

6 comments:

  1. tastes really good... thanks for the recipe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never really liked the idea of fish and curry together, but this one looks really good..!

    -Kulsum :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. sum kuller..

    yeah when i was a kid i used to never like it together.i was more of a fish fry gurl :P
    but,i love the way my mom makes the curry..its really delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it and the great photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. timethief

    thanx a ton ya..hope ye like it :)
    do follow me on my blog...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...