Sunday, January 29, 2012

DRY SEVIYAAN/SWEET VERMICELLI


DRY SEVIYAAN/SWEET VERMICELLI



I’m not a big fan of Indian desserts as they tend to be too sweet for my liking but I love eating seviyaan whenever my mom makes it.I think it’s a really good alternate to the sheerkurma which is usually made on eid.

 


INGREDIENTS-
2 tbsp ghee or oil
2 cloves
2 green cardamom
2  cinnamom sticks
200 grams roasted vermicelli
1 ½ cup hot water
½ cup sugar
¼ cup pistachios
¼ cup almonds
¼ cup cashews
¼ cup golden raisins
1/8 tsp cardamom powder
METHOD-
In a pan,heat the ghee and add the whole spices.

Then add crushed vermicelli ,chopped dry fruits and the cardamom powder.

Fry till golden brown.

Add the sugar and hot water immediately as otherwise the vermicelli can get burnt.

Turn the heat down(on dum) and cook for more 15 minutes or till all the water has evaporated and vermicelli is soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...